If you decide to take on the task of painting interior walls, here are some things to think about that can save you time, aggravation, and ensure a better finish:
- Make sure to clean all surfaces as that will ensure proper adhesion of paint.
- Painters blue tape will help tremendously for clean lines and prevent paint from running onto trim.
- Use heavy canvas as drop cloth as it protects floors and it can easily conform to corners.
- Safety First: Dust Mask and Protective Eyewear are a must when sanding.
- Sand lightly and evenly, with fine grit sandpaper (150).
- If paint is peeling, be sure to scrape off excess.
- Tint the primer with your final color and then apply primer coat; make sure they are the same type of paint.
- Using paint grids instead of paint trays will save you time and aggravation.
- Skip the ladder and use a telescoping roller instead.